Thursday, July 12, 2007

Spirits in the Material World.

So did you catch Live Aid? Yes, the one 22 years ago, not the terrible music played last week. Does anyone really care about the Police getting back together? Sting is by far the most overrated musician of the past 20 years. I liked there stuff when it first came out, but it really doesn't have any staying power if you know what I mean.

Massive short covering today. Especially the retailers. Sears misses and guides lower, all the hedgies get short any other retailer, and the first rally they scramble to cover. Index breakouts rarely work as a trade, I am guessing we get some overbought signals over the next week.

1 comment:

Keith said...

I missed all but about twelve seconds of Live Earth. Sounds from your review like I didn't miss much. I did manage to see Madonna being crawled over by a horde of shirtless men and thought, "Oh, look! Madonna's doing a parody of Madonna!" How long can she milk that same cow before it finally kicks her in the teeth?

I disagree about the Police, however. I like quite a bit of their music and think Stewart Copeland is a great drummer (Walking on the Moon simply rocks... especially live versions). Yeah, Sting's ego sometimes pushes everything else out of the way, but that's Lead Singer Disease for ya...

Martin Short covering today. Piscopo on the skins. Ackroyd's up twenty, and Belushi downs a fifth (or two). Chevy does a Ford, and the ladder's in the Christmas tree. Live from New York...